If you're considering formula-feeding for your baby, you must do ample research so that you can pick nourishing and nurturing formula milk for your baby. To help our readers, we have curated the best formula milk for baby 0-6 months in this article.
Breastfeed is best for an infant. It is the most widely advised way to feed a baby exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months after birth. But some situations lead the new mom to formula feed. There is no comparison between breastfeeding and formula-feeding. Choosing between breastfeeding or formula feed is an individual decision. Because of some reasons like medical conditions, no milk production, lifestyle, etc. breastfeeding is not possible for all women. Though, there are lots of ways to increase the breast milk supply. Ensure you eat a healthy diet, drink plenty of fluids, and rest as much as possible. Don't hesitate to take support from lactation consultants.
Milk formulas are formulated to provide the nutritional composition of breast milk. There are a variety of best baby milk powder brands in India. Cow’s milk-based formula feed is generally recommended for healthy infants. Soy-based and other types of baby formula are for babies with special diet needs or for premature ones. For choosing the best formula milk for baby 0-6 months, we considered several parameters like ease of use, store availability, overall value, constipation, and colic issues, etc. Read on to find out the best formula milk for baby 0-6 months.
Are you having a difficult time choosing between formula feeding and breastfeeding? Read our guide to breastfeeding vs formula feeding to help you make your right decision!
Top Formula Milk for Baby 0-6 Months
These are highly recommended formula milk for Indian babies. Most formulas may probably work for your baby until it needs a special feed.
1. Enfamil A+ Infant Formula (0 to 6 months)
Best formula milk for infants
This infant formula milk is a highly preferred parent's choice. It is a safe choice for newborns to six months babies. This powder-based infant formula contains DHA, Choline, and iron, and other essential nutrients. It comes in container packaging to maintain freshness and hygiene.
Enfamil A+ Infant Formula (0 to 6 months)Buy From Amazon
Enfamil formula is safe and suitable for children up to 6 months.
- High level of DHA and ARA
- Contain choline and iron
- No constipation
- Prevent colic and gastric problem
- Easy to prepare
2. Nutricia’s Aptamil 1 Infant Formula Powder
Best infant formula powder to keep baby full longer time
Nutricia’s Aptamil 1 Infant Formula PowderBuy From Amazon
Aptamil is nutritious and good formula milk for babies 0-12 months. It is scientifically prepared with probiotics to strengthen the immune system in babies. In addition to it, this formula powder also contains DHA, vitamin A, C, E, etc. that helps in boosting brain and visual development. Bag-in-box packaging is easier to store the powder.
- 100% safe for infants
- Contain vitamin A, C, D
- Support immune health
- Sweet in taste
- Reliable packaging
3. Nestle LACTOGEN 1 Infant Formula Powder
Best formula powder to prevent gas issues
Nestle LACTOGEN 1 Infant Formula PowderBuy From Amazon
It is one of the best choices for infants as it prevents gas and colic problems in babies. This spray-dried powder mixes well with lukewarm water without causing any blobs. LACTOGEN 2, 3, and 4 variants can be given as and when your baby grows up. There is a tamper-proof seal on the packet to secure the powder. The package also contains a measuring scoop to measure the right amount of powder. Overall, it is the best recommendation for newborns.
- Good taste
- Easy to digest
- Seal packaging
- Easily available
4. Dexolac Stage 1 Infant Formula Milk Powder
Best formula powder with essential nutrients
Dexolac Stage 1 Infant Formula Milk PowderBuy From Amazon
This milk powder is one of the most healthy and suitable milk powders for babies up to the age of one. To give all-around development to your bub, it contains DHA, ARA, choline, taurine, iodine, and iron. It comes in seal-proof tin packaging for better storage. Dexolac formula milk powder also helps the baby to gain weight.
- Safe formula feed for babies
- Made with DHA, ARA, choline, iodine, and iron
- Brain and bone development
- Tin packaging
- Reasonable price
5. Similac Advance Infant Formula Stage 1
Contains calcium, Vitamin D, and Phosphorus
Similac Advance Infant Formula Stage 1Buy From Amazon
This Stage 1 infant milk powder is designed to support brain development and the immune system. It also contains calcium, Vitamin D, and Phosphorus that are known to support a baby’s bone development. It offers easy digestion and also promotes calcium absorption. The quality of the powder is very good and dissolves easily into water. Instances of spitting up or throwing up this feed are fewer.
- 100% vegetarian
- Contain Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids
- Does not cause gas issues
- Brain development
- Suitable for babies up to six months
Know what our real mom says about her take on formula feeding, diaper rash, and her favorite meal for her child: Neha Garg Bhagoria.
Tips To Prepare Milk With Formula Milk Powder For Baby
The following steps are helpful to new parents to prepare the best feed for their child. Follow the steps in a proper and right way:
- Avoid touching baby bottles with uncleaned hands. Before preparing milk with milk powder, always wash your hands with soap and water and dry using a clean cloth.
- Take the necessary water required for your child and boil it in a clean container.
- Pour the lukewarm water into the clean vessel and add the required amount of scoops.
- Mix it well till the powder mixes completely with the milk and no lumps remain.
- Now pour the milk into the baby bottle and feed your infant.
- Ensure pan and baby bottle should be cleaned and sterilized before preparing milk.
- Avoid preparing feed in large quantities.
- Throw away feed if it is not consumed within two hours.
- Always prepare fresh feed for your baby.
- Follow the instructions printed on the formula box.
- Avoid preparing the formula with cold water or using a microwave to warm milk.
- If any allergy persists, check with your doctor instantly.
- If still you have any queries or doubts, consult with your pediatrician to get a better idea about formula milk powder.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long can I keep prepared powdered baby milk?
You should never store prepared formula feed or reuse it. Discard it after 15-20 minutes.
2. How long does it take for a baby to adjust to powder formula?
Your baby might take up to 3-4 days to adjust to the new powder. Pay attention to the baby's stool changes or gas symptoms. It is the best clue to check if the baby is getting adjusted to the new powder formula.
3. Can I change my baby formula without a doctor?
No. You should consult your doctor before changing the baby formula.
4. How long does it take the formula to fully digest in a baby’s tummy?
Milk powder formula generally takes long hours to digest like 3 to 4 hours. While breast milk takes up to 2 hours to digest.
Confused between formula milk vs cow milk? Which one to feed and when? Get answers to all your queries and much more with every bit of information related to this dilemma.
Overall, breastfeeding is the best food for the baby. No matter if you stay at home or a working mom, you can store your milk and feed your baby as per the need. You can store breast milk for 6 hours at room temperature. In case your milk supply is low, consume lots of garlic, spinach, milk, and milk products to increase milk production. Avoid consuming mint. Mint may adversely affect milk production. There are lots of benefits of breastfeeding. Your baby will have fewer gastrointestinal symptoms. Breastfed babies have a better immune system as they get all of the proper nutrients in the right amounts through breastmilk. There is no better option than breastfeeding, but formula feeding is another best option if there is no or low milk supply.
Formula milk is the best and safe option for an infant if her mother can't breastfeed or decide not to. It also provides all the essential nutrients that a baby needs to grow and blossom. The wide variety of infant formulas can confuse new parents. To help out new parents, we pick the top 5 best formula milk for baby 0 6 months along with their key attributes. If you read out the article thoroughly, your query to choose the best formula milk would be easy.
Are you a breastfeeding mom or formula milk mom? What formula milk have you chosen for your infant? Share your views in the comment section.