Parents are constantly worried about the immunity of their babies. Whether exclusively breastfeeding the baby or not, feeding bottles are required for the babies in their first year of life. Feeding expressed breastmilk or formula, choosing the perfect feeding bottle for baby is a crucial decision that cannot be compromised with. Today, glass feeding bottles provide the best option that you, as a parent, can rely on. In this article, we strive to help you in finding the best glass feeding bottle for a baby to suit the needs of your little one. Read on ahead to find the list of the best glass feeding bottle for baby in India.
Why Glass Feeding Bottles?
Baby feeding bottles are mainly made of glass, plastic, or stainless steel. Plastic feeding bottles are used extensively because they are light-weight and unbreakable but they are not considered safe for the baby. We, as parents, are always concerned about the constant alerts in medical studies that plastic feeding bottles may potentially harm the baby’s development and growth.
Steel feeding bottles are not transparent; hence, it is difficult to determine the quantity of feed which is left without peeking inside the bottle or emptying the contents. On the other hand, glass feeding bottles are hygienic, anti-colic, safe, travel-friendly, leakproof, and non-toxic. They are rapidly gaining popularity with parents as these are considered to be the safest option.
The reasons that reflect why parents are switching to glass feeding bottles are:
- Most hygienic as glass does not contain any chemical which can seep into the baby's milk and potentially contaminate it. Plastic contains harmful chemicals which can alter the milk at high temperatures
- Easily microwavable but steel and plastic options are not microwave friendly
- Made of sturdier material and are scratch proof whereas steel bottles are prone to dent and plastic bottles are prone to scratches
- Do not leave any odor after washing even after years of usage whereas plastic bottles start smelling even if not washed on time daily
- Some people complain that the taste of contents in a steel bottle change at times
- Able to withstand the highest temperatures during the sterilizing process
- Insulated and silicon covers readily available in the market prevent glass bottles from breakage and make them the perfect choice
- Shine on the glass bottles remains almost the same even after long years of usage but plastic bottles start to fog within some months
- Have the highest shelf-life which can go up to several years and lasts for multiple children whereas plastic bottles need to be changed in a few months
How Many Feeding Bottles to Buy?
There is always a question that how many feeding bottles should be bought for the baby. Experts suggest that at least 3-4 bottles should be kept handy. When one bottle has been used and is dirty then the other can be used. Extra 1-2 bottles are needed to store the expressed mother's milk in the refrigerator for future consumption.
Things to Consider While Investing in a Glass Feeding Bottle for the Baby
There is absolutely no doubt that there are far many benefits of using a glass feeding bottle. Its popularity amongst the parents is on the rise who are opting for it thinking about the health and well-being of the baby. As you invest in the glass feeding bottle, here are a few things that should be kept into consideration:
- Price is slightly on the higher side but considering the long duration for which it can be used, it is a must-buy product
- May break if slips even though it is made of a sturdier glass. But, with the availability of glass bottle covers, chances of breakage are very less
- Less variety and options are available as compared to plastic feeding bottles
- A little heavier for the baby in the initial months of life
Nevertheless, these few things can be easily taken care of and the market for glass feeding bottles is continuously expanding because of high demand from parents.
5 Most Reliable Glass Feeding Bottles for Baby in India
This article aims at presenting you with the latest and updated information so that your baby is healthy, happy, and strong. So without any further ado, let’s get on with the list:
1. MeeMee Premium Glass Feeding Bottle for the Baby
Effective air ventilation system ensuring minimum air intake while feeding
MeeMee Premium Glass Feeding Bottle for the BabyBuy From Amazon
This baby bottle is unique as the silicon teat is contoured with vertical lines providing an efficient air ventilation system. The glass quality is durable and conforms to international safety and hygiene.
- Available in 50 ml, 120 ml, and 240 ml quantity
- Anti-colic nipple
- International quality glass
- BPA free silicon
- Efficient latching
- Travel friendly and portable
- Designed for easy grip and handling
- Sterilizable and easy to clean
- Easy to store
2. Dr. Brown's Wide Neck Glass Bottle
Reduced air bubble oxidation preserves the milk nutrients
Dr. Brown's Wide Neck Glass BottleBuy From Amazon
This baby bottle is advantageous because of the ergonomic wide-neck design of the bottle which makes it easy to fill and hold. So, it is widely preferred by parents. A new vent system reduces the air bubble oxidation process. This bottle grows with the needs of the baby.
- Available in 60 ml, 150 ml, and 270 ml quantity
- Removable vent
- Travel friendly
- Reduced spit up, colic, burping, and gas
- BPA free soft silicone teat
- Convertible bottle
- Easy sterilization
- Easy latching
- Broader base nipple
- Easy to store and carry
3. Pigeon Glass Feeding Bottle
Made of Borosilicate material, it offers excellent transparency of the glass
Pigeon Glass Feeding BottleBuy From Amazon
The best aspect of this baby bottle is that it can withstand high temperatures during the sterilization process. The nipple comes with a unique grooved interior which allows maximum flexibility and a smooth flow of feed to the baby.
- Available in 120 ml, 200 ml, and 240 ml quantity
- BPA BPS Free
- Super soft double thickness silicon
- Non-toxic glass material
- Unique vent system for minimizing colic
- Easy to clean and carry
- Comfortable latching
- Encourages natural sucking pattern
- Portable and travel friendly
4. Naughty Kidz Premium Warmer Glass Bottle
Detachable insulated warmer protects the bottle from cracking, making it nearly unbreakable
Naughty Kidz Premium Warmer Glass BottleBuy From Amazon
This baby bottle is superior in quality and lasts for many years because of the insulated warmer that comes with it. It also keeps the milk warmer for longer durations. All parts are sterilizable including the warmer.
- Available in 120 ml and 240 ml quantity
- Microwave friendly
- BPA free
- Travel Friendly
- Non-slip and easy to hold
- Easy latching
- Anti-leak and spill-proof
- Ultra-soft nipples
- Anti-colic bottles
5. The Little Lookers Glass Feeding Bottle
The super-soft airflex nipple makes it easy for the baby to suckle
The Little Lookers Glass Feeding BottleBuy From Amazon
This glass bottle has 0% Bisphenol and is non-toxic, making it safe for the baby. The soft nipple allows the baby to have reduced gas, colic, and discomfort issues.
- Available in 60 ml, 120 ml, and 240 quantity
- BPA free
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Easy to hold and store
- Travel friendly and portable
- Non-toxic bottle
- Silicon warmer cover separately available
- Easy sterilization process
Choosing the safest and best feeding products for the baby is a priority for the parents. It ensures that the baby is colic and gas-free. And we all cannot agree more that a happy baby means more sleep for the baby and parents.