Kids are learning and developing all the time. They look up to their parents, teachers, and guardians for the best advice and guidance. So, what we say to them daily makes a huge impact on their emotional and mental growth and well-being as words have the power to channel the inner superpower of our young superheroes.
A positive thought of the day can motivate and inspire the blossoming young generation to learn good moral values, imbibe integrity in actions, and inculcate the virtues of determination. Just like adults, kids also go through various emotions and feelings throughout the day like happiness, sadness, winning, losing, boredom, excitement, anger, energy, laziness, compassion, rejection, and so much more. The parents need to comprehend and understand the sentiments of their kids and help to address and own them for better physiological development.
Just like 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away', similarly, a thought of the day equips a kid to develop better judgement and communication. The end result is improved interpersonal, articulation, and soft skills. In this article, we have compiled 50 thought of the day for kids from accomplished and famous people who have inspired the world with their actions and efforts. Along with that, we will deliberate on the good qualities, when, and how the thought of the day for kids should be included in their daily lives.
Different Categories of Thought of the Day for Kids
For clarity, we have divided the thought of the day for kids into different categories so that the parents and guardians can share one distinct thought according to the purpose and guidance required. Also, we have tried to share the names of the writers to give them their due credit wherever possible. Let's check the various categories:
It's time to go through all the encouraging and beautiful quotes and thoughts under various categories one by one. Without further ado, let's get started:
1. Positive Thought of the Day
Not every day is full of energy and creativity. There are dull days where it is difficult to get the kids to be constructively busy. Kids can face boredom or laziness and refuse to do anything productive. On such days, it is imperative to give some positive thought of the day to energize them.
Let's look at some of the most positive thoughts for kids:
- “Dedication, hard work all the time, and belief.” - Cristiano Ronaldo
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens.” - Helen Keller
- “The time is always right to do what is right.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.” - Aristotle
- “Make each day your masterpiece.” - John Wooden
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” - Mark Twain
- “Victory is not always winning the battle...but rising every time you fall.” - Napoleon Bonaparte
- “You should never let your fears prevent you from doing what you know is right.” - Aung San Suu Kyi
2. Inspiration Thought for the Day
An inspirational quote can do wonders by influencing the kid towards achieving the desired targets by motivation and encouragement. Apart from love and warmth, the kids need their daily dose of inspiration to pump them up for spending the day with enthusiasm.
Some of the most inspiring quotes for kids are:
- “Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.” - Confucius
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible!” - Robert Bloch
- “Don’t be afraid of life’s challenges.” - Louisa May Alcott
- “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” - Confucius
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” - Lao Tzu
- “We must be the change we want to see.” - Mahatma Gandhi
- “Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.” - Socrates
- “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” - Muhammad Ali
3. Educational Thoughts for the Day
The right and timely education can put a child's life on the perfect path to success. Education is indeed the backbone of a kid's intelligence and capabilities. With the use of educational thoughts for the day, the kids can be prepared for facing all the ups and downs of life with patience and ease.
Let's look at some of the best educational thoughts for the day for kids:
- “Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom.” - George Washington Carver
- “Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale” - Hans Christen Andersen
- “Play is our brain’s favourite way of learning.” - Diane Ackerman
- “Every child is born a genius.” - Richard Buckminster Fuller
- “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” - Margaret Mead
- “The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Yogi Berra
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” - Mahatma Gandhi
- “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're probably right.” - Henry Ford
4. Humorous Thought for the Day
Without humour and laughter, no one can go too far. The kids need to understand that it’s okay to fail as long as you have worked hard. But you should never take yourself too seriously but live life with sincerity. You just have to laugh off your embarrassing moments and carry yourself with grace.
The most hilarious thought for the day for kids are:
- “A well-developed sense of humour is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life.” - William A. Ward
- “If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it.” - Erma Bombeck
- “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day." - Charles Gordy
- “You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Elbert Hubbard
- "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." - Will Rogers
- “I finally realized that people are prisoners of their phones... that's why it's called a 'CELL' phone.” – Anonymous
- “The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it.” - Franklin P. Jones
- “Reality is the leading cause of stress for those in touch with it.” - Lily Tomlin
- “The quickest way to double your money is to fold it and put it back in your pocket.” - Will Rogers
- “Laughter is to life what shock absorbers are to automobiles: It won't take the potholes out of the road, but it sure makes the ride smoother.” - Barbara Johnson
5. Family Thought for the Day
The family members are the first teachers of a kid who are responsible for encompassing love, kindness, and confidence. With a happy family around, the kids learn the most beautiful virtues, which are vital for a happy life, including patience, caring, sharing, communication, respect, and compassion.
It's time to look at some of the best family thought for the day for kids:
- “Family is not an important thing, it’s everything.” - Michael J. Fox
- “Only surround yourself with people who will lift you higher.” - Oprah Winfrey
- “Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.” - Anthony Brandt
- “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” - Dalai Lama
- “The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.” - Frank Sinatra
- “Bad decisions make good stories.” - Ayn Rand
- “Parents are not interested in justice; they're interested in peace and quiet.” - Bill Cosby
- “Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly.” - G.K. Chesterton
6. Self-Confidence Thought for the Day
Self-confidence is the innate belief that nothing is impossible and you can attain your goals through smart work. All the upbringing is about teaching a kid to believe in his capabilities and efforts. It helps to reduce social anxiety and shyness in kids, thereby enhancing their self-worth and performance.
The quotes that can help to improve self-confidence in kids are:
- “You learn more from defeats than you do from victories.” - Sir Alex Ferguson
- “Fortune sides with him who dares.” - Virgil
- “Having somewhere to go is home. Having someone to love is family. Having both is a blessing.” - Unknown
- “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” - Japanese Proverb
- “No one is perfect - that’s why pencils have erasers.” - Wolfgang Riebe
- “Always chase your dreams instead of running from your fears.” – Anonymous
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” - Henry David Thoreau
- “Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.” - Alexander Graham Bell
Qualities of a Good Thought of the Day for Kids
The parents, teachers, and guardians should assimilate the quotes and thoughts which can easily be understood by the kids keeping into consideration the age, grasping power, and understanding. And ensure that the kid has inferred the thought in the same manner as implied by you. You must give an example in case the kid wishes to deliberate more on the thought.
A good thought of the day for kids must be:
- Clear and definite
When and How to Use these Quotes and Thoughts?
The parents have ample opportunities to incorporate these thoughts and quotes into a kid's day. Let’s check how and when these thoughts can be shared:
- As the kid wakes up and exchanges good morning and other pleasantries, then an inspiration thought for the day can be shared.
- When the kid is going to school or sitting for the online classes.
- When the kid is feeling bored or dull at any time during the day.
- When the kid has worked towards a particular goal with best efforts but could not succeed. In such a case, a motivational quote will uplift the spirit for giving another try.
- When the kid accomplishes a given task or completes the homework or any important house chore, then a positive quote will further boost the confidence.
- Say it aloud when the kid is listening to you with full attention.
- Write it on chart paper with colourful pens and pin it onto the wall or board.
- A beautiful quote book can be gifted where the kid writes a meaningful thought every day.
- While painting write the thought using sketch pens, crayons, or coloured pens.
- Whisper a positive thought as the kid is going off to sleep.
A meaningful thought of the day for kids is the easiest way to develop positive ethics and ideals. It can become the foundation of a purposeful relationship between the kid and his parents, teachers, and guardians as the kid will look forward to listening to a new quote every day which will improve happiness, relationships, self-esteem, positivity, attitude, and mental growth. So, share these uplifting and positive thoughts with your kids and watch them blossom into beautiful human beings.