First of everything is so special! Especially being a parent for the first time is the topmost feeling. First-time pregnancy news, first trimester, first-time baby shopping, baby shower party, all are bliss. In addition to all these experiences, giving a massage to infants is also a tremendous and a bit scary experience for every new mom. A massage provides immeasurable bonding and brings the baby to a back to womb experience. If you ever notice, a gentle head rub is the baby's favorite massage movement. To offer a good and safe massage to your baby, it is important to grab the best quality baby massage oil. In plenty of options, coconut oil for baby massage is a highly suitable option. Like other massage oils, coconut massage oil provides top-notch benefits to kids. The Kama Ayurveda Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil is a must-have if you're looking for pure, safe, chemical-free coconut oil for your bub. Here’s why it is the best coconut oil for baby massage.
Olive oil has abundant benefits for baby massage. But which olive oil to choose? This post has the best olive oil for baby massage. Tried and tested, and genuinely reviewed.
Almond oil has extensive benefits for the baby, be it skin or hair. This article suggests the best almond oil for baby massage that is pure, gentle, and simply the best.
A daily gentle massage showers several health benefits to infants. Know the best Ayurvedic baby massage oil in India for the utmost safety and nourishment of your child.
Let the baby’s hairs grow strong, healthy and lustrous, right from the beginning. Use the best baby hair oil in India to keep the scalp nourished and hair healthy. Shop now!
Overview of Kama Ayurveda Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
The light and absorbent texture of this best coconut oil for baby massage give a smooth and moisturized skin feel to your infant. Plus, it also nourishes damaged hair and makes even skin texture. The oil has a mild formula, hence safe, and works well on sensitive skin. The other highly notable feature of this coconut oil for baby massage is that it can be used in any season in India. The oil contains all organic formulas that you can leave the oil on your baby the whole night.
It is very smooth on the baby's skin from head to toe without causing skin irritants. You can apply it directly to your infant's skin.
This Extra Virgin Coconut massage oil is 100% organic, pure, and cold-pressed to retain its nutrients in perfect form. This coconut oil for baby massage is highly recommended by dermatologists.
About the Brand
The Kama Ayurveda is an Indian Ayurvedic skincare and wellness brand highly focused on the purity of ingredients and efficacy of formulations. It was founded in 2002 to promote the authenticity of Ayurveda. The brand is most prominent throughout the world for its pure and gentle wide range of products.
Key Ingredients of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
The main ingredient of the oil is Cocos Nucifera or coconut milk. This versatile oil is 100% organic, cold-pressed, and free from synthetic fertilizers, and colors. The oil has many benefits but the most important is that it is the safest and best coconut oil for baby massage. The oil has a natural scent of coconuts.
The product is available in multiple-size bottles. It comes packed in a lightweight, semi-opaque brown color plastic bottle. Equipped with a cork-like opening and a screw lid to remain leak-proof during traveling. Ensure you keep the lid on tight. The bottle has a good grip to handle during the baby massage. Furthermore, the packaging is safe and sturdy. You will be impressed with its beautiful packaging.
The cold-pressed coconut oil for baby massage is priced at Rs. 245 for 50 ml, Rs. 896 for 200 ml, Rs. 1325 for 250 ml, and is easily accessible at all popular supermarkets and pharmacies. You can also avail of it from several online stores and shopping websites such as Amazon, Flipkart, and more.
The product is a bit more expensive than regular oils as it is pure and cold compressed. But the remarkable quality of the oil is worth a purchase. It might be expensive for some people but beneficial for all.
Where to Buy
Here's the Amazon link to grab with a special discount.
The coconut oil has a naturally long shelf life and this extra virgin coconut oil last for 2 Years. As it is pure oil, thus it takes a long time to oxidize. That means it takes a long time to go bad. Ensure you use it best by the date mentioned in the bottle.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
These are evidence-based health benefits of coconut oil, take a look:
- Coconut oil is a good source of antimicrobial and antifungal properties due to its MCT content.
- Regular massage with coconut oil can improve the moisture content of dry skin of your baby.
- During pandemic, excessive usage of sanitizer causes extreme dry hands. With the usage of coconut oil, you can prevent dry skin caused by the frequent use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Coconut oil can deeply penetrate hair strands, hence strengthening them and preventing them from breaking. For healthy hair, cold-pressed coconut oil is an amazing item.
- A nice, relaxing champi in Indian homes is one of the rituals that happens every weekend. A good coconut oil massage helps you to get rid of dead skin cells and clears out your pores.
- To treat eczema in infants, coconut oil is highly beneficial. It soothes dryness and itchiness and provides relief. Packed with antibacterial properties, it reduces the disease with regular use
- Coconut oil is also helpful in removing cradle caps in babies. Plus, it nourishes the scalp and helps in removing sebum build-up from hair follicles.
- To prevent the occurrence and spread of diaper rash, coconut oil is a good treatment. Even effective in removing Yeast diaper rash.
- A regular massage with coconut oil enriched with vitamins and healthy fats, act as a natural moisturizer for a baby's skin.
- Coconut oil is hypoallergenic and also eases constipation in babies.
- Coconut oil for baby massage generates heat which in return improves blood circulation in babies.
Side Effects of Coconut Oil
There are also potential side effects of coconut oil. Though coconut oil is safe until your baby is allergic to it for reasons. Do patch test for 3 consecutive days to check the aftermaths. It can disturb breathing in your kid. If your baby is sensitive to it, avoid its use on your baby's skin. If your baby has oily skin, don't use coconut oil as it can cause blackheads, pimples on your baby's face if left overnight.
Though there's one effective and safe way to use coconut oil is by mixing it with your baby-friendly essential oil to get rid of any allergy.
How to massage using coconut oil
A daily massage has been shown to offer lots of benefits to a baby’s overall growth and development.
Place your baby in a blanket. Check room temperature, it shouldn't be very hot or cold. Take oil in your hands and rub it in between your palms. Start with gentle circular motions from the stomach to the chest. Now move to the lower body with easy and gentle steps.
Talking or singing during a massage certainly boosts the bond with your baby. And to get the full intention of your baby, massage is also a good way.
Follow your baby's cues during the massage. If she is not comfortable, she will surely express herself.
Few important Things to Keep in Mind While Giving Massage to your Baby
- Use circular motions with low to medium pressure.
- 10 minutes twice a day is enough for your bub.
- Avoid massage just after a feed. Wait at least for an hour.
- Take time to observe their smile and reactions.
- Ensure you have a good and comfortable place for baby massage.
- Light relaxing music in the background is also a good addition to massage.
- Make sure she is not sleepy, tired, or hungry during the massage.
- Make massage a daily routine.
- Consult a baby massage instructor if you need help.
To soothe and comfort your cranky baby, firm massage is indeed essential. We would thumbs up for a baby massage with coconut oil. It has a mild scent that is not overpowering. It is also a popular pick in healing diaper rash. Though each baby is different hence these reviews and suggestions are completely based on our readers’ experience. A patch test is always good before going with any new product on your bub.
If you have any queries regarding this Kama Ayurveda extra virgin organic coconut oil, feel free to drop them in the comment section below. Keep an eye on our website for more parenting advice or subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Support and help other moms and moms to be by sharing this article with them.